Dear Parents/ Carers
As I have said before, I have been extremely proud of how the vast majority of pupils have adapted to our new systems and procedures. As the second national lockdown begins, it is an appropriate time to review some of our
systems to ensure that we try to keep everyone as safe as possible. There are some challenging times ahead, but we are working extremely hard to ensure we continue to function well as a school.
We have begun to see an increase in the number of pupils and staff who have had to self-isolate, and it is extremely important that we all work together with understanding and kindness to get through to Christmas.
With all this in mind, I would like your assistance with the following:
- We would like to keep the number of visitors to school to an absolute minimum. Please may we request that you only visit school if absolutely necessary? If you feel that you need to visit school, then please telephone in advance to explain the purpose of your visit. There is no need to visit school to drop off items such as phones and PE kits, school will manage the situation if your child has forgotten them.
- We would also request that if you absolutely have to visit school, then you wear a mask during your visit.
- If students wish to bring their own hand sanitiser they may – a number of pupils have requested this.
- Please ensure your child has their mask (or lanyard if they are exempt).
- Please help us by emphasising the importance of good hand hygiene.
- If your child travels by bus, please can you emphasise the importance of wearing a mask and sitting in the same area of the bus everyday (this helps with track and trace).
If your child is isolating there is an expectation that they continue to do school work via Microsoft Teams. All departments will place activities on to this system.
All lettings at the campus will cease during the lockdown, however, after school clubs and detentions will continue as these are carried out in year group bubbles.
Parents’ Evenings will be done online, and you will be sent information in advance of each meeting.
We will continue to keep you as updated as possible with this ever changing situation and thank you again for your continued support and understanding during these difficult times.