School Dress Code – Years 7-11
The school believes that a dress code for the students in Years 7 to 11 is appropriate and will help promote a productive working environment. The dress code at St Benedict’s is something that we take pride in. With high expectations for student uniform we hope to:
- encourage pride in the school.
- create a sense of belonging and community.
- enable students to feel safe and secure.
- promote equity and reduce bullying through peer pressure to conform to fashion trends.
Uniform for students in Years 7-11 inclusively
A full version of our School Uniform Policy can be found by clicking here
- Plain white shirt (short sleeve in the summer if preferred)
- School tie – traditional or clip-on
- Navy blazer with a St Benedict’s badge
- Navy school trousers (no leggings, jeggings, jeans, track suit bottoms, joggers – not tight material)
- Navy school skirt: A-line (no more than 5cm above the knee and not rolled). Belts on skirts are not allowed
- In addition, students may wish to wear an optional navy v neck jumper (plain acrylic/cotton/wool – no design or logo)
- Footwear should be flat and entirely black in appearance, Dr Martens with yellow stitching are allowed (no boots/sandals)
- Black/navy tights or navy/white knee socks only
- Dark blue/black belt (optional item). If students choose to wear a belt with trousers, the belt should be a thin / narrow belt, no wider than 4cms, be plain in appearance with an unadorned buckle
- Suitable coat or jacket (no pull-on hoodies are allowed)
Uniform can currently be bought from the below supplier:
Sixth Form Dress Code
|Appropriate||Unsuitable – applying to all|
|Ties may be worn, but are not compulsory, and should be appropriate to a workplace setting.
Suit style jacket, plain jumper/sweatshirt, cardigan, or waistcoat
Sensible footwear, appropriate for each subject. (trainers, if worn, must be black in colour)
Smart trousers (no jeans or joggers).
Skirts/dresses/slits must be no shorter than the length of your arms when held down at the side of your body.
Shirt / blouse/ smart top (not a t-shirt).
Leggings, if worn, must also be worn with a skirt/dress.
All piercings must be studs.
|Extreme hair styles. (No unnatural hair colours)
Strapless or ‘string-strapped’ tops.
Clothing which is revealing; for example, exposing bare midriffs or showing underwear.
Hats and caps.
Clothing with offensive logos.
Denim of any colour.
Leather skirts, trousers, or jackets.