We have changed the number that parents need to text if their student is going to be absent. Please see below for the options on what to do if your child is going to be absent from school.
If students are ill or unable to attend school, we require parents to contact us on the morning of absence by way of one of the following:
TEXT: message to 07860055717
School phone number: 01946-692275 –option 1
- Please leave a voicemail if the line is busy, as it will be actioned.
- When a student is absent from school and no message is received from home, the school will automatically text the parent via SIMS InTouch to ascertain the reason for the child’s absence.
- If we do not hear from you before 10:30am we will aim to contact you via telephone.
- To enable the school to authorise absence due to medical appointments (hospital, doctor, dentist, orthodontist or physiotherapist), parents/carers must provide evidence in the form of an appointment card or letter. This evidence should be given to the school receptionist prior to the appointment. Where appointments occur during the school day, it is expected that the minimum time possible away from school will be taken. We do not expect children to miss an entire day of school for a local appointment.
- If reasons for absence are not provided, a year group Learning Mentor / Student Support Officer will contact home. If no reason is provided within seven days, absences become unauthorised.