The following information outlines the current provision of careers, information and guidance offered to our Year 8 students:
- Aspiring Higher evening for Y8/9 presented by the University of Cumbria, Inspira, Sellafield, St. Benedict’s Sixth Form and the Energy Coast partners both year groups to highlight different pathways
- REACT Foundation Science Show
- Careers Assembly delivered by ISA
- Options workshop by CLNCO
- Visit to the University of Cumbria for whole year group
- Navy youth engagement day
- Cambridge workshop for most able students
- UCLAN workshop for disadvantaged students
- UCAS (University College Admissions Service) awareness evening for parents with information on the student loan process.
We try to expose the students to a wide range of career/study pathways in as many ways as possible from school delivered sessions, external providers and external visits and nationally recognised programmes. By developing a cohesive programme of CIAG from primary onwards we can form young people with employability skills, academic qualifications and the confidence to make informed choices about their future.