Careers Education is an integral part of our curriculum and tutor periods. St Benedict’s has the support of Inspira for independent careers advice and provides careers education and opportunities for all students.
The following information outlines the current provision of careers, information and guidance offered to our Year 8 students:
- Aspiring Higher evening for Year 8/9 presented by the University of Cumbria, Inspira, Sellafield Ltd, St. Benedict’s Sixth Form and the Energy Coast partners. Both year groups to highlight different pathways
- STEM Event for academically gifted in Science
- Employer engagements STEM workshops for all students
- REACT Foundation Science Show
- Careers Assemblies
- Options workshop
- Visit to the University of Cumbria for whole year group
- Navy Youth Engagement day
- University workshop for most able students
- UCLAN (University of Central Lancashire) workshop for disadvantaged students
- Curriculum careers links
We try to expose the students to a wide range of career/study pathways in as many ways as possible from school delivered sessions, external providers and external visits and nationally recognised programmes. By developing a cohesive programme of Careers Information, Advice and Guidance (CIAG) from primary onwards we can form young people with employability skills, academic qualifications and the confidence to make informed choices about their future.
Contact for CIAG in School:
Our Senior Leader with oversight of the careers programme is Mrs K Kelso Assistant Headteacher.
She can be contacted on 01946 692275 or by emailing email@example.com