Careers Education is an integral part of our curriculum and tutor periods. St Benedict’s has the support of Inspira for independent careers advice and provides careers education and opportunities for all students.
The following information outlines the current provision of careers, information and guidance offered to our Year 7 students:
- BAE Roadshow
- Career Information, Advice & Guidance (CIAG) Evening
- Careers Assemblies
- Year 6 Open Evenings for prospective students and parents to assist pathway choices.
- Higher Education University visit to Newcastle University
- Various presentation and workshops throughout the year for all students from professionals in various careers
- Destination Milky Way Employer Engagement Project for Year 7 Academically Gifted students
- Curriculum careers links
We try to expose the students to a wide range of career/study pathways in as many ways as possible from school delivered sessions, external providers and external visits and nationally recognised programmes. By developing a cohesive programme of CIAG from primary onwards we can form young people with employability skills, academic qualifications and the confidence to make informed choices about their future.
Contact for CIAG in School:
Our Senior Leader with oversight of the careers programme is Mrs K Kelso Assistant Headteacher.
She can be contacted on 01946 692275 or by emailing email@example.com