The following information outlines the current provision of careers, information and guidance offered to our Year 11 students:
- Prom passport and apprentice talk from GEN 2
- Career advice talks DOL year 11
- Careers Assembly delivered by ISA
- Year 11 STEM Careers Assembly
- CV preparation through Tutor groups
- Individual Interviews with SK DOL-6th form and SSO to discuss possible onward pathways post 16
- University Talk, given by Russell Group University representative
- Information lessons given around ‘The right course choices’.
- Skills workshop with Northumbria University on induction day
- GEN 2 session on induction day for apprenticeship pathways
- Appointments with Inspira and Lakes College on GCSE results day
We try to expose the students to a wide range of career/study pathways in as many ways as possible from school delivered sessions, external providers and external visits and nationally recognised programmes. By developing a cohesive programme of CIAG from primary onwards we can form young people with employability skills, academic qualifications and the confidence to make informed choices about their future.