Careers Education is an integral part of our curriculum and tutor periods. St Benedict’s has the support of Inspira for independent careers advice and provides careers education and opportunities for all students.
The following information outlines the current provision of careers, information and guidance offered to our Year 10 students:
- Masterclass for academically students
- ACE day at Newcastle University for most able and disadvantaged
- Employability fare with local employers – Sellafield, Burnetts, React, GEN2, BAE
- University of Cumbria assembly on summer schools
- Assembly by Inspira on CV’s, interview technique
- Work ready day delivered by Inspira
- Careers Assemblies
- Youth Prenuership scheme
- Year 10 Taster sessions with the University of Cumbria
- Work experience guidance by form tutors
- Assembly on aspiration and outcomes determined by grades
- Curriculum careers links
We try to expose the students to a wide range of career/study pathways in as many ways as possible from school delivered sessions, external providers and external visits and nationally recognised programmes. By developing a cohesive programme of Careers Information, Advice and Guidance (CIAG) from primary onwards we can form young people with employability skills, academic qualifications and the confidence to make informed choices about their future.
Contact for CIAG in School:
Our Senior Leader with oversight of the careers programme is Mrs K Kelso Assistant Headteacher.
She can be contacted on 01946 692275 or by emailing email@example.com