St Benedict’s is an 11-19 Catholic High School that serves a wide catchment area in West Cumbria. We are a true comprehensive with students of all abilities and diverse backgrounds.
Rated ‘Good with outstanding features’ by Ofsted, we are a larger than average school, housed in modern accommodation with extensive grounds.
Our school is situated on the Cumbrian coast on the edge of the Lake District National Park and not as remote as you might imagine! It is an easy drive to work along some of the most scenic roads in the UK and living in Cumbria might be just the lifestyle change to suit you and your family. We have a superb NQT Induction Progamme and a dedicated subject mentor.
In January 2019 we will be opening a £33m new school, which has been individually designed (not an ‘off-the-shelf’ model!) and will have state of the art facilities.
We can also offer you:
- Support and development in leadership and management skills
- Comprehensive CPD
- The opportunity to mentor students in a successful Teaching School Alliance
Group 7: 11-19 Mixed Comprehensive
Number On Roll: 1036 (154 in Sixth Form)
Acting Headteacher: Mr S Bridgman
LETTINGS ASSISTANTS – 2 posts
20 hrs per week
Hours: on a rota 4.30pm – 9.30pm Mon-Fri, 10.00am – 4.00pm Sat, 9.30am – 3.30pm Sun. Additional hours may be available in the future.
Salary £17,007 – £17,391 pro rata (£8.82 – £9.01 per hour)
This is an exciting, new opportunity within the brand new Campus Whitehaven community. The post is based in the purpose-built site, working with St Benedict’s School, Mayfield School, and in close liaison with Copeland Borough Council.
This new post includes:
- Under the instruction / guidance of the Lettings Manager, provide general support to campus lettings, including preparation, and maintenance of resources and support to members of the community.
- To assist with the effective supervision, security, maintenance and operations of the premises when open to lettings.
- To be responsible for the day to day lettings – setting up equipment for indoor and outdoor sports, adult education and other lettings/ events.
Closing date: Noon on Friday 30th November 2018
Start date: 1st January 2019 or sooner.
Please send applications to Mrs M Lowrey at St Benedict’s Catholic High School, Red Lonning, Whitehaven, CA28 8UG or via e-mail: email@example.com