Thank you very much for your patience so far with the new campus and the arrangements for entering the site.
We would like to take this opportunity to clarify some issues, and hopefully answer any questions you may have.
• Access to Campus Whitehaven by car – access is from Red Lonning only (the entrance to the new campus is north of the school bungalow).
• There is a one-way system in operation and once you enter the site from Red Lonning, the only exit is on to Moresby Road.
• Exit from Moresby Road is a left turn only to the roundabout. If you need to travel south you must turn left and use the roundabout (the last exit) to drive towards the fire station. YOU CANNOT TURN RIGHT. The Highways Department has approved this at planning stage to avoid long queues of cars waiting to turn right on to Moresby Road. Also, could you remind your child to use the pavement and exit via Red Lonning, and not walk alongside the cars on the road.
• The entrance gate to the Campus and the exit will be open from 7.30am – 8.40am and from 3.10pm Monday to Wednesday, and from 2.15pm Thursday and Friday.
• School buses will drop passengers off in front of the Campus in the bus lane on the left next to the pavement. Please do not use these bus bays to drop your children off. If you need to park to drop off your child, please use the car parks on the right.
• 6th Form students are not permitted to park on the Campus.
• THERE ARE LIMITED SPACES FOR DISABLED BADGE HOLDERS. PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THESE SPACES UNLESS YOU HAVE A BADGE FOR YOUR CHILD. WE WOULD ASK FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION WITH THIS AS FAMILIES ATTENDING MAYFIELD SCHOOL REALLY NEED THESE SPACES.
Pedestrian Access during the school day:
• If you need to collect your child, drop food ingredients off, the occasional forgotten dinner money, or have an appointment at school, please park in the visitors’ car park and press the bell at the pedestrian gate (labelled St Benedict’s School) and the gate will open remotely.
• Please could we ask that you don’t press the bell for Mayfield School as Mayfield is entirely separate from St Benedict’s, and their reception staff will not release the gate for you as they are busy with their own students.
Vehicle Access during the school day when the gates are closed:
• There is a visitors’ car park at the entrance of the school on Red Lonning. This is not a turning circle and not to be used as a drop off / pick up point. This car park is for visitors to the school during the school day. Please note that you will be asked to move your car should you park there at other times.
• The main entrance to the Campus is through the Winter Garden. St Benedict’s reception is on the left as you come into the Winter Garden.
• On arrival, please sign in at reception. If you have an appointment with a member of staff, the reception staff will inform them of your arrival. There is a toilet available in reception, and a small meeting room.