The hard-hitting play ‘Chelsea’s Choice’ has been shown in schools across the county previously and had an extremely positive effect.
The performance which is returning to St Benedict’s this month, is aimed at Years 8 and 9 and will be shown in the main hall.
The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner is once again providing funding for the play, which is produced by not-for-profit organization, AlterEgo Creative Solutions.
Chelsea’s Choice highlights how boys and girls can be groomed by adults for the purposes of sexual exploitation, and shows the devastating consequences this can have on the young person’s life.
It aims to:
· Raise awareness of healthy relationships
· Promote safe internet use
· Identify risky situations
· Raise awareness of the grooming process and the forms it can take
· Raise awareness of CSE and the forms it can take
· Signpost to relevant services
This production, raising awareness of online safety and sexual exploitation, is returning to our school on Wednesday 18th April 2018.