- You’ll be helping people in their own homes or in day centres, residential or nursing homes.
- Your day-to-day duties may include:
- getting to know clients and their interests and needs
- helping with personal care like washing, using the toilet and dressing
- food preparation, feeding and giving out medication
- carrying out general tasks like housework, laundry and shopping
- helping clients manage their budget, pay bills and write letters
- supporting families to get used to new caring responsibilities
- giving emotional and practical support to children and young people
- working with other health and social care professionals to provide individual care and development plans
- helping to organise leisure activities
- going with clients to and from a residential home
There are lots of companies who employ care workers. This clip give you an idea of what a care worker does.