Careers Education is an integral part of our curriculum and tutor periods. St Benedict’s has the support of Inspira for independent careers advice and provides careers education and opportunities for all students.
The following information outlines the current provision of careers, information and guidance offered to our Year 11 students:
- Prom passport and apprentice talk from GEN 2
- Career advice talks from Director of Learning for Year 11
- Careers Assemblies
- Year 11 STEM Careers Assembly
- CV preparation through Tutor groups
- Individual Interviews with Director of Learning – Sixth Form and Student Support Officer to discuss possible onward pathways post 16
- University Talk, given by Russell Group University representative
- One to one mentoring with employers – organised by Inspira
- Information lessons given around ‘The right course choices’
- Skills workshop with University of Cumbria on induction day
- GEN 2 session on induction day for apprenticeship pathways
- Appointments with Inspira and Lakes College on GCSE results day
- Curriculum careers links
We try to expose the students to a wide range of career/study pathways in as many ways as possible from school delivered sessions, external providers and external visits and nationally recognised programmes. By developing a cohesive programme of Careers Information, Advice & Guidance (CIAG) from primary onwards we can form young people with employability skills, academic qualifications and the confidence to make informed choices about their future.
Contact for CIAG in School:
Our Senior Leader with oversight of the careers programme is Mrs K Kelso Assistant Headteacher.
She can be contacted on 01946 692275 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org